Your Partner in New and Used Sheet Metal Working and Tool Room Machines
For over 30 years our team at TRM Supplies has specialised in the sourcing, importing, installation, support and repairs of a wide range of new Sheet Metal machines. We also source and supply a wide variety of good quality, used machines. We refurbish, and retrofit, install, support and repair all CNC controlled machines.
We sell and refurbish:
- Used European tool room machines
- New TRM-branded sheet metal machinery
- Industrial fiber optic & CO2 laser cutting machines for metal as well as plastic, wood, paper and other materials
- Plasma cutting machines
- Press brakes
- CNC punching machines
- Guillotines, shears & cutters
- Mandrel tube benders, plate rollers, eccentric & hydraulic presses
- New and used machines for metal-forming, grinding, cutting and cropping
- Machine tool repairs and 24 hour back-up service
Apart from serving the sheet metal industry, TRM also supplies and services manufacturing machines for specific industries such as: air-conditioning; rail and road transport; special vehicle manufacturing; mining and processing; structural and architectural steelwork; advertising display manufacturing.
- 24 hour back-up and scheduled maintenance for machine tools and production plants.
- Our expertise includes efficient fault finding and repair methods on CNC controls, servo motors and drives, PLCs, robotics and hard-wired control panels.
- We also carry out mechanical repairs and rebuilds.
Our software engineering includes:
- Customer specific software development and integration for machines with CNC and PLC control systems.
- Front-end and MMI software development for special purpose machinery and manufacturing lines.
- CNC control applications software
- We specialise in retrofitting and refurbishing of any current or outdated machinery and machine tools.
- Our highly qualified engineers with 70 years combined experience are continuously kept up-to-date with the latest technologies and regularly attend courses run by our principals.
TRM Supplies was founded in 1994 by Guenter Schmitz, in response to the high demand in the market for second-hand European-sourced tool room machinery (Maho, Deckel), accessories, tooling, consumables and services.
A steady growth in subsequent years has placed TRM as one of the primary suppliers in Africa for high quality installations with an excellent service record.
Expansion into the sheet metal sector resulted in TRM co-operating with Trumpf Certified Partners for completely refurbished Trumpf sheet metal machinery, and agreements with other well-known machine manufacturers such as Matek and Asia Machinery Group and Tayor.
TRM also imports a wide variety of new laser and plasma cutters, press brakes, punching machines, guillotines and other metal-forming, grinding and cutting tools under it's own brand.
We take care of all aspects of the business to get you up and running (i.e. producing) as quickly as possible. Our highly skilled team will advise and help with the optimal time-to-market strategy for your products by selecting the correct production equipment. We will source your machine at the best possible price, arrange finance, attend to the logistics of importing, and install and commission your machine.
We back all this up with expert service, a quick response-time and hands-on training on the equipment sold.